I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- On Ramadan, Tummy Bugs and Food Porn: Notes from Chefchaouen
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- Making You Jealous in Marrakech, Morocco
- Pan-Fried Goat Milk Paneer with Chilies, Garlic and Ginger
- (101 Things About Shanghai) The Fabric Market
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: It's Like Downton Abbey, Except Different
Sri Lanka Archive
I’m a really lazy traveler if left to my own devices. I tend to plunk myself down in a particular town, find myself a particularly pleasing cafe and spend…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…