Fight the Power
I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Feed Me, Leicester: Sichuan Brothers Hotpot (Woohoo!)
- Things That Are Absurdly Easy in a Country Where You Speak the Language: Haircuts!
- 7 Reasons Why Sri Lanka is More Badass Than You Could Ever Hope to Be
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
Sri Lanka Archive
I’m a really lazy traveler if left to my own devices. I tend to plunk myself down in a particular town, find myself a particularly pleasing cafe and spend…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…