I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Let's Hear it For the Boy: Notes on Thwack's First Birthday
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- 7 Reasons Why Sri Lanka is More Badass Than You Could Ever Hope to Be
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- Do Shared Memories Still Exist if One Party is Trying Really Hard to Forget?: Notes on Losing 5 Years of Travel
- (101 Things About Shanghai) The Fabric Market
- I'll Be Lucky to Escape With My Waistline Intact: My Last Month of Eating Everything in Shanghai
Sri Lanka Archive
I’m a really lazy traveler if left to my own devices. I tend to plunk myself down in a particular town, find myself a particularly pleasing cafe and spend…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…