I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Baking in China (and other improvisational activities)
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: It's Like Downton Abbey, Except Different
- (101 Things About Shanghai) The ShiLiuPu Fabric Market Part 2
- Shanghai Walking Tours
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- A Totally Impractical Expat Interview #12: Mohana Rajakumar of A Day in Doha
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: A Home, a Banh Mi and Thou
Sri Lanka Archive
I’m a really lazy traveler if left to my own devices. I tend to plunk myself down in a particular town, find myself a particularly pleasing cafe and spend…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…