I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- Feed Me, Leicester: Sichuan Brothers Hotpot (Woohoo!)
- The Fabric Market, Part Trois
- (101 Things about Shanghai) Work/Learn/Chocolate
- On food and kitchens with three stoves
When I was 10, I was already the proud author of approximately a dozen unpublished novels. By unpublished, I mean, read only by myself- or perhaps by anyone who…
I missed the new year deadline for resolutions by a few days but I was too busy drinking litres of tea in bed and eating Doug’s Christmas gift of German chocolate…
First of all, I finished that novel(la): So yes, yes I did write that blasted thing. At work, my stack of writing to mark grew to unfathomable heights…
I have been a very absent bloggist this month, which can be blamed partly on my faulty immune system combined with Shanghai’s post-Expo surge in atmospheric particles (record highs in…
I’ve stopped being absurdly ill and have now downgraded to being only marginally ill- possibly because I only worked three hours this week (not including marking or invigilating or meetings)….