*Transparency note: If you want to sign up for this course, do me a huge favor and click through here. They’ll buy me a coffee in return. And maybe a llama.
Matador Network Publications
- Losing My Travel Virginity: Ghana 07 August 2009
- The Protector of Tophane: 10 July 2009
- Food Stories From the Matador Community: 30 June 2009
- 5 Matadorians to Meet Right Now: The Twitter Edition (I’m #2!)
- Writing a Novel in 30 Days: Matadorians Participate in National Novel Writing Month (One of which would be me!)
- Classrooms Around the World (Photo Essay) 26 October, 2010
Guest Posts and Reprints
- (101 Things About Shanghai) The Fabric Market 15 October, 2010 (Dead link, alas, via Backpackforever.com)
- Harbingers of Dumplings: 2.5 Days in Harbin, China 19 December, 2010 (Dead link also, alas, via Backpackforever.com)
- I Love My Neighbourhood July 2012 (for Expat Edna)
Mostly Tangible Things
- Pocket Cultures Kids’ Games of the World book (Contributed the China section), June 2012. Free download here.
- Back page feature article for Shanghai Family, June 2012 (Print edition only)
- Profiled in Shanghai blogger article for Shanghai Family, September 2012 (Print and e-edition, though e-link is defunct)
- Feature article on educational family travel in China for Shanghai Family Magazine (January 2013, print and e-editions)
- Feature article for Dutch magazine, Columbus, early 2012. (Print edition only)
Blogs (in approximate order of relevance/obsolescence)
- Wok With Me Baby (September 2011 NEWish! An experimental cooking blog, attempting to make favourites from home in China)
- New! Awesome Mops of China! Now GFW friendly! (The original one is still here: the Awesome Mops of China Tumblr (January 2012: A Tumblr devoted entirely to anthropomorphizing mops)
- The Further Adventures of Yaramaz Somewhere (2004-Present, but rarely updated)
- Yaramaz Went Away (a much more attractive and well organized WordPress mirror site of the above LiveJournal)
- Yaramaz Has Left The Building (2006-2009′ish Blogspot blog- only used when Live Journal is banned)
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (2010- used for MatadorU writing assignments- not updated)
- She Went Away (A slightly dusty, spartan, out-dated clearinghouse of sorts, where everything is/was kept under one roof, just in case)
- With The Brink of Something Else(August 2010)
- With Go! Overseas (September 2010)
- With Pocketcultures (January 2011)
- Suzy Stumbles Upon…31 August 2010, 26 July 2010 , 7 March 2011, 20 February 2012
- Beers and Beans Blog Carnival chose my parents’ trip to Qibao post to be in their round-up.
- Life on Nanchang Lu‘s Fiona writes about being interviewed for this site (9 April 2011)
- I win the Unbrave Girl Best Friend Sweepstakes (4 April 2011)
- I wrote a little about what to expect when living in China on Shanghai Novice (May 2011)
- I contributed to a panel discussion on social media for TravelBlogs.com (May 2011)
- My Cookie post was chosen as Landlopers’ Pick of the Week (27 May 2011)
- I was the GoAbroad Blog of the Week! (20 August, 2011)
- This was the blog post by Indi.ca that set the Sri Lanka frenzy off (August 2011)
- I’m a worker of the world (as determined by Working Traveller) (August 2011); also noted here, briefly (February 2013)
- The Art of Travel Blogging Panel Discussion and Commentary by TravelBlogs.com (Setptember 2011)
- The Working Traveller did a pleasantly unexpected profile of my blog (October 2011)
- TwentySomething Travel included my Privilege post in her Best of 2011 roundup (December 2011)
- A Literal Girl‘s Miranda read and wrote about my posts on Memory and Identity.
- BritMumsBlog (of all places) included my piece on Memory and Decontextualization in their March 2012 round-up.
- I was a featured blog in InterNations’ China guide.
- Fiona’s Leaving Shanghai and she’s going to miss me like I’ll miss her. (July 2012)
- Gear Up and Play noted my fear of diving (August 2012)
- Lost In China tried to keep up with me but my stupid, hare-brained ideas beat her to the punch. (September 2012)
- Jodi from Legal Nomads asked me to write a little something for her piece of solo female travellers and safety, so I did (February 2013)