I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- Notes on Travelling in Fes, Morocco During the First Few Days of Ramadan
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Blind Massage Parlors
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- Helpful Household Tips from Chinese University Students
- A Totally Impractical Guide to Morocco: Casablanca!
- A Totally Impractical Expat Interview #2: Connie Hum of Connvoyage
Archive for August, 2011
About five years ago, a friend of mine in Istanbul sent me a questionnaire about privilege, which I dutifully filled out and posted on my Livejournal. I was, I…
Welcome to the 16th thoroughly impractical expat interview with Camden Luxford of The Brink of Something Else! But first, let’s talk about me. After barely a week back in Shanghai, my…
This one has been a long time coming. Today I bring you the lovely and talented Miranda Ward of A Literal Girl. Poor Miranda’s interview and photo folder lay dormant…
I’m a really lazy traveler if left to my own devices. I tend to plunk myself down in a particular town, find myself a particularly pleasing cafe and spend…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…