I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: Everything is Amazing When You Leave Your Phone at Home
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Ludicrous Shopping Tactics
- How much would YOU pay to be bit by a rabid monkey: More good times in Phnom Penh
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- (101 Things About Shanghai) The Mrs Mu Home Shopping Network
The other day, we decided to order dinner in from a kebab shop in our neighbourhood here in Leicester. The menu was online, but it wasn’t linked to any…
Actually I lie. I live in Shanghai (which, if you ask the Shanghairen, is barely even China but rather its own magnificent autonomous kingdom of wealth and awesomeness) and oh,…
Do you want to know one of the fastest ways to wrap your head around a new country and culture? Teach there. Let me show you some things I learned…
I’ve had a bad cold for about a month now. I blame my students entirely. They have been coming to class with such dedication that the absentee rate is nearly nil…
Before we went to Myanmar, we really had no idea what to expect, food-wise. It wasn’t a cuisine that was well represented in the South East Asian culinary repetoire internationally….
I’ve been living abroad for most of my adult life, give or take a few semesters back home trying to finish my never-ending degree. Most of my time has…