I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Time Travelling Postcards From: Christmas in New York, 2002
- Notes From Hanoi: Post-Tet Bling, Wise Men and Orion Pies For the Gods
- Sometimes You Just Need to Get the Hell Outta Dodge
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- 7 Reasons Why Sri Lanka is More Badass Than You Could Ever Hope to Be
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- Let's Hear it For the Boy: Notes on Thwack's First Birthday
The other day, we decided to order dinner in from a kebab shop in our neighbourhood here in Leicester. The menu was online, but it wasn’t linked to any…
Actually I lie. I live in Shanghai (which, if you ask the Shanghairen, is barely even China but rather its own magnificent autonomous kingdom of wealth and awesomeness) and oh,…
Do you want to know one of the fastest ways to wrap your head around a new country and culture? Teach there. Let me show you some things I learned…
I’ve had a bad cold for about a month now. I blame my students entirely. They have been coming to class with such dedication that the absentee rate is nearly nil…
Before we went to Myanmar, we really had no idea what to expect, food-wise. It wasn’t a cuisine that was well represented in the South East Asian culinary repetoire internationally….
I’ve been living abroad for most of my adult life, give or take a few semesters back home trying to finish my never-ending degree. Most of my time has…