I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Baking in China (and other improvisational activities)
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Very Thorough Haircuts
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: It's Like Downton Abbey, Except Different
- How much would YOU pay to be bit by a rabid monkey: More good times in Phnom Penh
- A Totally Impractical Guide to Morocco: Casablanca!
- Fast, But Not Exactly McDonalds
I’ve got a cold and I’m cranky. With my hot, cotton-wool stuffed head expanding outward through my eye sockets and nasal cavity, and my sad little lips fever burnt and…
A few years back, I read an article about an expat who lived in Greece until he became so fluent in Greek that he understood everything that was going on…
Welcome to the sixth interview in my infinite series of one sided conversations with expats (and ex-expats) all over the world. I started this series partly out of curiosity and…
In Istanbul, at the last flat I lived in before we left Turkey in 2008, my upstairs neighbour- a middle-aged woman in a house dress and slippers- used to ring…
I’ve been told I’m a good teacher. I’ve been teaching English for nearly a decade now and know how to nurture a reluctant super-low beginner out of their speechless…