Fight the Power
I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- How Not to Travel in China During the October National Holiday
- Baking in China (and other improvisational activities)
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Fake Books
- What I'm Talking About When I Talk About China
- A Totally Impractical Guide to Morocco: Casablanca!
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
I missed the new year deadline for resolutions by a few days but I was too busy drinking litres of tea in bed and eating Doug’s Christmas gift of German chocolate…
Before we went to Myanmar, we really had no idea what to expect, food-wise. It wasn’t a cuisine that was well represented in the South East Asian culinary repetoire internationally….
I’ve been experimenting with ways to get my photos up on here without having to go through Facebook links each time. Below is my attempt at uploading my Yangon album…
And we’re back. And I’ve been floored with a tummy bug that whacked me over the head sometime last night, after we got back into Shanghai in a taxi that…
We’ve been in Myanmar about two weeks now, travelling close to the ground (usually about 6 inches from the pavement when facing backwards on a trishaw) and grinding our way…
You can actually fly to Mandalay from Yangon for about $75US, so the romance of the road is somewhat lessened. After bouncing around the Mon State south east of Yangon…
1. Burmese script initially reminded me of the patterns woodbugs make when tunnelling into a two-by-four, then I decided it looked like binary code without the 1s, as seen through…