Fight the Power
I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- What I'm Talking About When I Talk About China
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- The Ridiculously Awesome Cats Who Run Morocco
- How Not to Travel in China During the October National Holiday
- Hey Zhou: A Totally Impractical Guide to Hangzhou and Fuzhou
- 7 Reasons Why Sri Lanka is More Badass Than You Could Ever Hope to Be
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Trippy but Pointless Public Art
Before we went to Myanmar, we really had no idea what to expect, food-wise. It wasn’t a cuisine that was well represented in the South East Asian culinary repetoire internationally….
I’ve been experimenting with ways to get my photos up on here without having to go through Facebook links each time. Below is my attempt at uploading my Yangon album…
And we’re back. And I’ve been floored with a tummy bug that whacked me over the head sometime last night, after we got back into Shanghai in a taxi that…
You can actually fly to Mandalay from Yangon for about $75US, so the romance of the road is somewhat lessened. After bouncing around the Mon State south east of Yangon…
1. Burmese script initially reminded me of the patterns woodbugs make when tunnelling into a two-by-four, then I decided it looked like binary code without the 1s, as seen through…