I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Notes From Hanoi: Post-Tet Bling, Wise Men and Orion Pies For the Gods
- Sometimes You Just Need to Get the Hell Outta Dodge
- Let's Hear it For the Boy: Notes on Thwack's First Birthday
- 10 Practical Reasons Why You Probably Shouldn't Move to Hanoi With Your Baby
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Feed Me, Leicester: Sichuan Brothers Hotpot (Woohoo!)
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Do Shared Memories Still Exist if One Party is Trying Really Hard to Forget?: Notes on Losing 5 Years of Travel
Before we went to Myanmar, we really had no idea what to expect, food-wise. It wasn’t a cuisine that was well represented in the South East Asian culinary repetoire internationally….
I’ve been experimenting with ways to get my photos up on here without having to go through Facebook links each time. Below is my attempt at uploading my Yangon album…
And we’re back. And I’ve been floored with a tummy bug that whacked me over the head sometime last night, after we got back into Shanghai in a taxi that…
You can actually fly to Mandalay from Yangon for about $75US, so the romance of the road is somewhat lessened. After bouncing around the Mon State south east of Yangon…
1. Burmese script initially reminded me of the patterns woodbugs make when tunnelling into a two-by-four, then I decided it looked like binary code without the 1s, as seen through…