I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- What Does it Take For a Girl to Get a Passport Around Here? Adventures in Being Canadian Abroad
- (101 Things about Shanghai) Work/Learn/Chocolate
- The Fabric Market, Part Trois
- Gardening in Shanghai and Other Indoor Sports
- A Totally Impractical Guide to Morocco: Casablanca!
- Sometimes You Just Need to Get the Hell Outta Dodge
Before we went to Myanmar, we really had no idea what to expect, food-wise. It wasn’t a cuisine that was well represented in the South East Asian culinary repetoire internationally….
I’ve been experimenting with ways to get my photos up on here without having to go through Facebook links each time. Below is my attempt at uploading my Yangon album…
And we’re back. And I’ve been floored with a tummy bug that whacked me over the head sometime last night, after we got back into Shanghai in a taxi that…
You can actually fly to Mandalay from Yangon for about $75US, so the romance of the road is somewhat lessened. After bouncing around the Mon State south east of Yangon…
1. Burmese script initially reminded me of the patterns woodbugs make when tunnelling into a two-by-four, then I decided it looked like binary code without the 1s, as seen through…