Fight the Power
I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- You look very terrible, Miss Mary: Unsolicited Advice for the Laowai
- This Is Still Not a Mommy Blog (Even Though That's All I Do All Day)
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- About Me
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…