I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Do Shared Memories Still Exist if One Party is Trying Really Hard to Forget?: Notes on Losing 5 Years of Travel
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- Gardening in Shanghai and Other Indoor Sports
- 10 Practical Reasons Why You Probably Shouldn't Move to Hanoi With Your Baby
Sri Lanka Archive
This one has been a long time coming. Today I bring you the lovely and talented Miranda Ward of A Literal Girl. Poor Miranda’s interview and photo folder lay dormant…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…