I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Baking in China (and other improvisational activities)
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: It's Like Downton Abbey, Except Different
- A Totally Impractical Expat Interview #12: Mohana Rajakumar of A Day in Doha
- Tiny Notes From Hanoi: A Home, a Banh Mi and Thou
- (101 Things About Shanghai) The ShiLiuPu Fabric Market Part 2
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Trippy but Pointless Public Art
- 7 Reasons Why Sri Lanka is More Badass Than You Could Ever Hope to Be
Sri Lanka Archive
This one has been a long time coming. Today I bring you the lovely and talented Miranda Ward of A Literal Girl. Poor Miranda’s interview and photo folder lay dormant…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…