I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- You Should Definitely Move to Vietnam With Your Baby
- A Totally Impractical Guide to an Emotionally Stunted Weekend in Hefei
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- (101 Things About Shanghai) Plum Rains
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- About Me
- What Does it Take For a Girl to Get a Passport Around Here? Adventures in Being Canadian Abroad
Sri Lanka Archive
This one has been a long time coming. Today I bring you the lovely and talented Miranda Ward of A Literal Girl. Poor Miranda’s interview and photo folder lay dormant…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…