Fight the Power
I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- 7 Reasons Why Sri Lanka is More Badass Than You Could Ever Hope to Be
- What I'm Talking About When I Talk About China
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- How Not to Travel in China During the October National Holiday
- 14 Notes on teaching English in a Chinese university, in the middle of a quiet burnout and impending unemployment
- Final Notes on Having Gone Home- Aw, Dang it, Canada!
- Baking in China (and other improvisational activities)
Sri Lanka Archive
This one has been a long time coming. Today I bring you the lovely and talented Miranda Ward of A Literal Girl. Poor Miranda’s interview and photo folder lay dormant…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…