I’m on Instagram!
The Good Stuff
- Best Little Whorehouse in Cairo
- How To Make Goat Milk Paneer (and a few meditations on place and purpose)
- Making You Jealous in Marrakech, Morocco
- On Ramadan, Tummy Bugs and Food Porn: Notes from Chefchaouen
- An Impractical Review of Matador U's Writing Program
- Notes on Genocidal Tourism in Cambodia
- Making You Jealous in Tangier, Morocco
- I Hate Crowds: Travelling in China During National Holidays
Sri Lanka Archive
This one has been a long time coming. Today I bring you the lovely and talented Miranda Ward of A Literal Girl. Poor Miranda’s interview and photo folder lay dormant…
Kandy Esala Perahera: What the World Needs Now is More Dancing Elephants Lit Up Like Christmas Trees. Really.
So we are back in rainy Kandy, smack dab in the middle of the Esala Perahera festival. I don’t have my guide book with me to remind me what…
Sri Lanka is kicking our ass. Yes, this elegant, soft-spoken, fragrant and verdant island is far tougher than it appears on the surface (and I’m not even going to…
I was going to title this post Kandy Says, but I doubt anyone would get (or favourably appreciate) the Velvet Underground reference. But you know what? I have no clue…